New Year resolutions, yes or no?


    

    I’ve always been the one to come up with a New Year resolution and for about the first few weeks, it works. Unfortunately, I lose the momentum and BOOM, it’s OVER! It’s always weight loss or saving money, even ending friendships/relationships that mean me no good. Every year I set these resolutions and every year it doesn’t last! 2020 was a heck of an eye opener, no one could’ve predicted it would turn out the way it did. A pandemic that rocked our world!! 

 

    Telemedicine, virtual school, working from home, or not working at all. Hospitals and staff overcrowded , overworked , and under appreciated! My year wasn’t all bad, but it was definitely NOT all good either. I received a promotion and lost my home all in the same week. Before that my past traumas that I didn’t deal with allowed me to hurt the man I loved. Lost my relationship, got a promotion, lost my apartment due to the building being struck by lightning. 


    Me and the kids lived in a hotel for a month before we found somewhere permanent to stay. My mom got sick and we’re still dealing with that. However, I became more financially stable, mature (in certain situations), and more independent. I had to recognize and accept my faults, live in my truth. So when bringing in 2021, I decided NOT to have a new year resolution. 


    Instead I made goals that I want to achieve for this year.   Putting pressure on myself  Jan. 1st to start losing weight, or saving money, then feeling like a failure when I couldn’t keep it going was killing me. So I ask, New Year resolution, yes or no? If yes, what are some of your resolutions? If no, why not?  Look forward to hearing some feedback. 


Until next time ✌🏽

Comments

  1. I’m not big on resolutions anymore either. I believe in being a better version of myself each day by reflecting on what I don’t like from the day before. Every day is an opportunity to make better choices. Dwelling on what I don’t accomplish only causes doubt and depression which slows me down so I’m done hurting myself in that manner. I know you’re going to have an amazing year 💕 Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the expectation puts entirely too much pressure on you. Trying a different approach this year. Thank you, praying for continued growth and peace!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome